Oh the last few days of Autumn and the first few days of Spring are just so delicious aren’t they? Gradually you stop reaching for your big woolly coat, those fun, floral prints work their way back into your wardrobe, your makeup becomes more fun, and you daydream of long days spent picnic-ing in the park or lazing on the sand as the waves roll in. It seems like ages since I’ve done a Face of the Day (that’s what the abbreviation “FOTD” means, for anyone who doesn’t actually write a beauty blog.) Actually looking back it hasn’t been THAT long, but still… This is a makeup look I’ve been wearing a bit lately, it feels fresh, fun and most certainly spring-worthy!
1. SKIN: Skin was prepped with Face of Australia Face Base Primer, then I applied Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Medium/Deep with my fingers, warming it first, before spreading it onto my skin. I followed with a light dusting of MAC Cosmetics Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder. I used quite a stiff powder brush to then dust Dior Amber Diamond Highlighter onto my cheekbones, nose, and just above my brows. Then buffed the foundation over with the same powder brush. A little highlighter in the cupid’s bow above your lips never goes astray either.
2. EYES: Using the MAC Colour Added Eyeshadow Quad, from the Shop MAC range, I washed “Laundry Daze” on the inner corner of my eyes across the lid to about halfway. Then using “Self Serve” I filled in the outer corner, swept it into the crease and up towards the brow bone. I double lined my eyes, first with Australis StayPut Liner in Black, then with Smiink Eyeliner Pen in Black/Noir, flicking it out beyond my lashline a little. I finished by curling my lashes and applying a coat of Face of Australia Impact Curl Mascara — starting by placing the brush at the base of my lashes and zig-zagging it to get some product build up for added hold — then sweeping the brush upwards through my lashes. Two coats minimum, and then combed through with a final coat of Maybelline’s The Falsies Flared Mascara just on the tips of the lashes for good measure. Then blended the shadows out to remove the harsh edges.
3. BROWS: Using a q-tip dipped in makeup remover, I swiped it across my brows to remove any foundation residue, then combed my brows into place. I tamed and filled with SAX Cosmetics Perfect Brow Shaping Kit (awesome, awesome product, go and buy it now)!
4. CHEEKS: Rimmel London’s Sun Shimmer Matte Bronzing Powder works really well as a contour as well, I used the Medium shade for this look in the hollow underneath my cheekbones, across the top of my forehead near my hairline, under my jawline and down the bridge of my nose. NARS Blush in Sin provides a beautiful soft, berry pink glow on the apples of the cheeks.
5. LIPS: Face of Australia Sheer Gloss Crayon in Cupcake
6. HAIR: Bed hair by my bed
Has the warmer weather inspired you to change your makeup or your wardrobe? What changes have you made? Let me know!
p.s. sorry ’bout the crappy photos, I’ve been snapping far too much with my phone lately. Need to take some time to stop, smell the roses and shoot things properly with my SLR!